Supportersvereniging PSV
A real FAN JOINS!
Home > News > First wooden stand opened 90 years ago (PSV.nl)
A real FAN JOINS!

Not a member yet?
Sign up now!

First wooden stand opened 90 years ago (PSV.nl)

4 Jun 2006 - Source: PSV.nl

This newsitem has been supplied by PSV.nl

Exactly 90 years ago the first wooden stand was opened on the PSV sports ground in the 'Philips village' in the then borough of Strijp. This stand was officially put into use on 3 June 1916. Philips familyOn the occasion of the silver anniversary of Philips in 1916, parties were held on the pitch as well and that’s why it was decided to build a wooden stand. Philips presented it to the club as a present and it proved to be a great asset. There were nine hundred seats in the stand that was opened by the Philips family. The PSV sports ground became even more the centre of social life in Strijp. 'Philips Sport Vereeniging'PSV was founded nearly three years before the stand was opened. As its name indicates, the club started out as a company-sponsored sports club for Philips employees on 31 August 1913. The 1916 stand was used until 1933, when a new stand was opened, so that PSV prided in having one of the best and most luxurious accommodations of the country.